Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lou's Cafe


Lou's Cafe is a new deli that opened up in the Richmond neighborhood of San Francisco. After heartbreaking news of Ike's San Francisco location eviction (which at the same time is understandable), I wasn't sure if there was any other sandwich shop that can rival with Ike's. Surprisingly, during the time Ike's eviction was coming to a final decision, Lou's Cafe appeared on the top listings on yelp. Based on the reviews, I was excited to try the special sauce and jalapeno sauce, which reminded me of Little Lucca (located in South San Francisco). I am pleased to say that Lou's Cafe serves extremely tasty and delicious sandwiches. The style of the sandwich reminds me more of Little Lucca than Ike's. Like Little Lucca, Lou's Cafe features a dutch crunch roll that's a little tougher, and the sandwich size is no match for the enormous Lucca sub. The assortment isn't as huge as Little Lucca as well, but they have roughly the same number of specials. So far, I've tried the Roma sandwich (which I'm still uncertain why it's called Roma, considering it's a pesto aioli turkey sandwich) and the LLB special (roast beef, turkey, ham with both sauces on dutch crunch), and they were both succulent and satisfying. The prices are also reasonable, roughly $6-$7 a sandwich, and they have cafe beverages, salads, and soups. Seating is limited, but is nice, clean and cozy. The place isn't crowded, like those long waits for Ike's and Little Lucca, but I'm pretty sure it'll gain more popularity soon. I'm excited to try more of their selections and potentially do a comparison between Lou's Cafe and Little Lucca.


Yelp Review

5017 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94118

No comments:

Post a Comment