Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Koi Palace


My feelings towards Koi Palace is somewhat mixed. Although I find the food superb and worth trying, at the time same time I have this personal angst towards the restaurant. Living less than half a mile away, normally I'd be thrill to have such a restaurant near my house. However, it's rarely possible to get seating right away for dim sum, unless you come a little before opening. Otherwise, the wait can exceed to nearly two hours (especially when groups arrive at 12 and are seated by 1:30). The food is good and the atmosphere and decor of the place is charming. I do love the indoor koi pond with its semi bridge platform (mainly for use of weddings and bigger events). The service is mutual. The staff are not overly friendly, not are they mean. The portions are fair for the price and quality of the food. However, the price of dim sum is higher than most places (small-$3, medium-$5, etc.). I don't mind paying the price only because of the way the food is prepared. It's good quality dim sum, and for a nice gathering or outting it's worth it. If you plan on a more casual outting, then other dim sum places are suitable enough. I highly recommend trying their xiao long bao, which are really juicy. Other notable dishes include shrimp dumpling, shrimp rice roll, crispy tofu skin wrapping, and egg yolk tarts. If you love chicken feet, my friend who tried it told me that it was tasty and delicious. Overall, fantastic and food, fair prices, but wait time can be pretty horrible.


Yelp Review
365 Gellert Blvd
Daly City, CA 94015

No comments:

Post a Comment