Friday, March 12, 2010

White Elephant

In South City, there aren't many Thai places to go to, which is why I was so thrilled to find a good quality Thai restaurant nearby my high school. The first time I came here, I think I was a junior in high school and the place was a quaint and small family ran shop. To this day, it has kept its reputation in my heart. The atmosphere was relaxing and I enjoy the food very much. The quality of the food is like home-style Thai cooking. Some of the best dishes include anything with their peanut sauce. They have decent curry dishes, noodle soups, sweet roti, and thai noodles. Their lunch selection is pretty versatile with reasonable portions, and prices are relatively cheap, around $5-$10 a person depending on the order. What I love about this place is the different degrees of spiciness. The waiters/waitresses ask you how spicy you like it on a 1-10 scale and they can modify it to your liking.

The restaurant is not easily visible to the public, you have to know your way around South City to find the tiny shop that's a few shops inward on the cross street of the main road. The place is not usually too busy although the space is considered small. If for some reason you're ever around South San Francisco with a car, this is a great place to have a decent meal.

146 Hazelwood Dr
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment