Monday, March 15, 2010

An Unfortunate Comeback

I have to admit, this place is cute, but they don't offer much. The cafe has a small selection of coffee-related beverages and old-fashion soda (unsweetened and light in flavor). Although I think the quality of the beverages are pretty decent, the prices can be insanely expensive. I had the lychee iced red tea which wasn't bad, although a bit light in flavor. Initially, when I saw the shop, I was excited to hear that Ozzie's Soda Fountain opened up again and while looking at the old menu online I really wanted to try their old-fashioned ice cream soda mixes. Unfortunately, the new Ozzie's doesn't serve ice cream, banana splits, or much dessert drinks. Instead, they have a limited menu of breakfast and lunch items along with their beverages. The pastry displays were appealing, but again the prices were too expensive that I rather go to the new bakeshop a few stores down. At best, the new Ozzie's is a good cafe to sit down and enjoy the delicate furnishing and drinks served in huge cups with a good friend or more. However, if you're planning on getting the drink to go, it's probably not the ideal place to order. Unfortunately, this place just ain't what it used to be.

2900 College Ave
Berkeley, CA 94705
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment