Thursday, October 28, 2010

Onyx Milk Tea


I have a personal story with how I came across Onyx. A couple years ago, I met a guy at my friend's birthday party. He was a student, like me, at the University of California, Berkeley in HAAS School of Business. At the time, he wasn't entirely sure what he had planned, but opening up a shop was one of his ideas. A year later, I receive a facebook invitation from him to the grand opening of his own tapioca place. To my surprise, it has been opened for at least a year and the business has been quite successful. I honestly didn't go during the shop's grand opening, for I was still around Berkeley and the tapioca place was in my hometown across the Bay Bridge, but I finally got to try it a few months ago while running errands at oriental market which is located in the same plaza as Onyx. As of now, I've been here a few times, getting standard milk tea and recently trying the lavender milk tea. From my experience, the quality of the drinks are good, filled with flavor. The only complaint I have is the sweetness of the milk tea can be overpowering. I have not tried anything else other than their milk teas, but they have a variety of Asian snacks such as popcorn chicken. Interestngly, they serve an item called fried oreos. The prices are around $2.50-$3.50 for drinks, and snacks can go well up to $5. It is also important to note that this place only accepts cash.

The decor has a nice, lively vibe, with great choice in colors. I adore the beanbag cushions and the soft red couch, which are obviously popular and usually the first taken seats. Independently, this place has charm, but with the market next door along with some other reputable restaurants, I wouldn't be surprised that this place has some good business. So to that guy I met a couple years ago, fantastic job and hope for continual success.

Yelp Review
950 King Dr
Ste 106

Daly City, CA 94015

No comments:

Post a Comment