Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sprinkles


I love cupcakes. People who know me can easily vouch that statement. When I was little, I was never a huge fan of cupcakes until I tried what I'd like to distinguish as "gourmet cupcakes." My past experiences with cupcakes are the Safeway store-bought bakery ones, which tend to run dry, slabbed with thick icing/cream, and just wasn't appetizing all together. I was stuck eating such cupcakes as an elementary school kid since it was cheap, affordable and honestly, I didn't know any better. It wasn't until I became older and more mature, having adventures around San Francisco with family and friends that I discovered the true potential of cupcakes.

Sprinkles serves pretty little cupcakes at gourmet cupcake prices ($2.50-$3). I love the variety of cupcakes listed on their menu, interesting flavors both unique and traditional. Sprinkles, in my opinion, sells standard gourmet cupcakes compared to Love at First Bite and Cupkates

Perhaps it's the Northern California chain in Palo Alto, or the fact that I tried a simple chocolate cupcake, which wasn't anything spectacular. Perhaps, if I had tried one of their unique flavors, I would think more highly of Sprinkles. Based on what other people told me, Sprinkles has a high reputation, and many people love their cupcakes. Overall, decent cupcakes at reasonable prices for a good sweet treat.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment