Monday, October 11, 2010

Tong Palace


Tong Palace sells acceptable dim sum, overfilled with meat and seafood. Most of their dim sum dishes are bigger than most other places. The quality is not comparable with Koi Palace, located in Daly City, but for the price it's definitely worth it. The dim sum is prepared well and tastes more or less authentic. The taste of the food, however, is quite bland. Normally, I'd like to reduce my intake of sodium because I'm sensitive to the taste of salt. The fact that I wasn't able to taste much flavor means there wasn't a fair amount of salt. They have a great M-F deal, where all dim sum plates of any size is $1.95, which is quite a bargain. Some dishes I specifically thought were notable include the shrimp-meat wrap with bean curd skin, rice roll wrap with beef (overstuffed), and the egg tarts, which I was surprised was pretty good. My family and I also ordered a regular dish, their seafood pan fried noodle (Hong Kong Style), which was bland but otherwise well-prepared. For a Chinese restaurant, the place is clean and adorn with many cultural designs. The service was fair and there are plenty of tables. I would expect the weekend to be a bit more busy and packed, but for a weekday it was fairly busy during the lunch hour. Parking around the neighborhood can be tough, as many other places in San Francisco. You could spend a good 15-30 minutes just trying to find parking. Overall, Tong Palace serves decent dim sum at fair prices.

933 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94118
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment