Sunday, November 7, 2010

South Sea Seafood Village



South Sea Seafood Village (I feel the name is a bit redundant, but I guess that's the Chinese way of naming) is a high-class Asian restaurant. By its name, it's no wonder they specialize in seafood, with nice hearty portions. I went with my family recently and for a group of four, we got 3 dishes (the eggplant with garlic sauce and pork, fujian fried rice, and the south sea seafood village special pan fried noodle). The dishes were filling, enough for us to take home leftovers. The quality of the food is pretty good and authentic. I prefer getting their seafood because they prepare them well. Lunch hours feature traditional dim sum, not a great variety but what you would typically find at a dim sum shop. The prices are $2.30 (S), $2.80 (M), $3.80 (L), and $5.00 (CS). I've had their dim sum once before and believe it's pretty decent for the price you pay. I wouldn't compare it to the quality of dim sum at Koi Palace, but it's definitely a good alternative.


Some things to take notice before placing your orders. If you're the stingy type who prefers not to pay extra for tea and/or rice, then make note of the fees. As of now, the fees for tea depends on the type of tea you request, which range from $1-$3 per person. Rice is also charged $0.50 per person, which in essence I find to be necessary to have unless I am eating noodles or fried rice (since there's rice anyways).

The atmosphere of the restaurant is quite roomy and grand, with its rich red decor and lucky Chinese artifacts. It's a nice setting for formal family outtings, dates, and holding big events such as a birthday party, anniversary, or wedding. I haven't tried the Millbrae branch (formerly was Fook Yuen), which opened recently, but I shall in a few weeks for my cousin's wedding reception.

1420 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment