Monday, April 26, 2010

Indian Flavors Express

I am truly amazed by this little shop. At first glance, the name made the place seem like it was Indian fast food, but after hearing a friend speak highly of it, I had to see for myself. I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. The quality of the food was extremely good, at least what I ordered. According to a friend who ordered the chicken saag, it tasted a bit odd but he did enjoy the garlic naan. The chicken tikka masala wrap was filling and juicy, making me quite content with my order.



Another surprise was the layout of the place. I never knew the area was so spacious because it was never apparent to me while passing by. I imagined a much smaller place, but there's plenty of room for several customers and the place is well-maintained and clean. Like many other Indian restaurants, chai milk tea is complimentary, and dishware are self-serve. In comparison to Naan and Curry and House of Curries, I think Indian Flavors Express is by far better, but when discerning between Royal Indian Cuisine it is comparable. The appeal though is that Indian Flavors Express has an eclectic menu, including some Indian Street Food items, with extremely affordable prices ($5-$10) and portions.

2548 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment