Friday, April 23, 2010

Cinnamon Sticks at Sacks


It's funny how you take places close to you for granted. I've been living in the same apartment for the past two years, and before during my freshman and sophomore year, I lived only half a block away closer to campus at Unit 2. And although I am a big fan of cafes, I've never considered going to Sacks, located at Derby and College Ave. Sacks turns out to be miraculously good and convenient. It's a good place to study with a filling enough meal to get you through a couple hours of work, similar to Free Speech Movement on the Berkeley campus.

What attracted me to this place was hearing my friend said the apple cider has real cinnamon sticks in it. My reaction was pretty much, "What??? Okay I'm coming right now." I didn't regret such a decision. In fact, I went back a few days later to try their sandwiches, which I have to say were extremely delicious and made with fine ingredients. I tried the Deep Purple, which is an eggplant sandwich with red peppers, cheese, and more. Knowing that this place serves good food and cafe beverages, I'll probably be coming here more often. The only issue is seating. This place is really popular, with free internet and good food, it's no wonder why so many students come here with their laptops or to meet up with other students. The pricing ranges from $1.50-$10 depending on your order, with most sandwiches being $7.00, and in my opinion, it's fairly priced for what you get.

2701 Derby St.

Berkeley, CA 94705
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment