Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen


After four years at Berkeley, I've finally got to try Angeline's, which lived up to its expectation of being satisfying and tasty. I especially enjoyed their beverages, the strawberry lemonade and swamp water (ice tea and lemonade). So Angeline's is famous for their fried chicken, which unfortunately I did not get to try. I would have ordered it, but I was slightly sick and probably eating fried foods wasn't the best idea. Perhaps, I'm a hypocrite, but I did order the po' boy shrimp sandwich, which was fried, but to a lesser degree. The sandwich was good, but the fried shrimp was coated with salt. For someone who has low tolerance for salty foods, it wasn't entirely pleasant for me. However others would probably beg to differ since I just usually eat low sodium meals. I admit that if there was less salt, I would have enjoyed it more. I did enjoy the gumbo with its delicious and slightly spicy sauce.


The pricing of the food isn't extremely cheap, but moderate, with entrees ranging between $9-$17. My sandwich was about $10 and the gumbo was about $14. It's a small and intimate place, ideal for dates. If you're planning to go in a big group, expect to wait and pay a lot more than expected. If you like your fried food, then this restaurant is the place for you.

2261 Shattuck Ave

Berkeley, CA 94704
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment