Sunday, August 8, 2010

La Mediterranee


La Mediterranee is a Greek restaurant I hold dear to my heart. Two months ago, I moved out of my college apartment, situated on College Avenue where I grew fond of many quaint eateries. One of which is La Mediterranee, which serves extremely tasty and flavored food. I think many people who had tried La Mediterranee before agree with me that one of their best dishes is the pomengranate chicken. Juicy and moist, chicken can't get any better than the way La Med prepares it. My second favorite entree is the filios, which are wraps with delicious stuffing such as spinach and feta. The filios are cooked to perfection, with a light crunch but soft center. Most entrees are served with a choice of salad, armenian potato salad, or soup. The armenian potato salad is very different from American potato salad. Armenian potato salad is very thin and light, but is unique and tasty in its own way. Of the soups, I've only tried the chicken soup, but I have heard good things about the other soups. The restaurant is charming, with friendly staff. However, it is difficult to have a good conversation as this place tends to get quite loud. However, it has a nice ambiance overall and high quality food for prices ranging from $10-$18. Lucky enough, I was able to find another La Mediterranee in San Francisco.


288 Noe Street

San Francisco, CA 94114
Yelp Review

2936 College Ave
Berkeley, CA 94705
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment