Monday, August 2, 2010

Basil Thai


Basil Thai serves decent Thai food for a fair price (most dishes being between $7-$15 dollars). I came here before watching Wicked because it was located a few minutes away from the Orpheum Theater. The quality of the food as I said is decent depending on what you order. I wasn't a huge fan of the garlic noodles, but I really liked the stuffed eggplant with chicken in green curry sauce. The thai ice tea was a bit too sweet compared to what I think is authentic thai ice tea. The place is extremely lovely with a calming atmosphere and they serve a few pieces of fried shrimp chips at no extra cost. I think I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here with no truly bothersome thoughts. In comparison to other Thai restaurants in the city, this place is probably one of the better ones (although Marnee Thai is still one of the best in my opinion). If you're planning a casual social event, this place is ideal for semi-social events and a bit more lavishing events. For gourmet style cooking and feel, Basil Thai will serve up to many people's expectations.


1175 Folsom St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment